WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!
The Friends can use volunteers of all abilities and for any amount of time you are willing to help.
Fill out the form and click Submit and we will get in touch with you. Thank you.
Events for which we need volunteers and when they occur:
Book Sale – The Fall Book Sale is the last weekend of September at the Waterfront Park in downtown Beaufort. We will be open Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday 10am – 6pm and Sunday noon – 4pm. We also need help with set-up and take down on Friday early morning and Sunday 4pm – 6pm.
Books Sandwiched In – Book Reviews by locals at noon on Mondays in January and February at USCB. We can use help to hand out programs, start the coffee, after-program clean-up and serving as a welcoming face at our complimentary refreshments table.
Book Signings – From time to time, we ask local authors to come in to do a book signing, sell books, and talk about their book, their writing process and research methods.
Annual Meeting – last Thursday in April at 10am at the Scott Street Library. We review the events of the year and elect incoming Board members.
CONTACT: If you can help with any of these activities, please contact our volunteer coordinator Danielle Gillespie. Tell her when you are available and what you’d like to do. She will put you to work. Thanks so much for you help!
Volunteers are needed for:
- computer expertise
- baking goodies
- stand at the refreshment table – encourage people to join the Friends
- hand out programs at Books Sandwiched In
- load, unload and set up for the book sale
- cashiers, baggers, roamers (rearrange tables as books are sold), membership info
- sorting of donated books and media all year long
- flyer distribution around town – we know where they go, just need you to get them there
- addressing envelopes and other admin activities
Click Here to Volunteer put Volunteer FOL in your subject line.